The election scheme for the 2015 election provides for four places on the Scottish Pharmacy Board for members or Fellows who work or live wholly or mainly in Scotland. The eligibility criteria are set out below.
Nominations for candidates in the Scottish Pharmacy Board election must be made on the form issued by the Independent Scrutineer, UK Engage, and must be signed by three member nominators whose own address on the Society’s database must be in Scotland (or overseas if the member concerned has opted to vote in the Scottish election*). Members who nominate candidates must have completed 2015 membership processes.
* A member or Fellow who is resident overseas at the time the electoral roll is closed shall be entitled to nominate a candidate for the English Pharmacy Board unless he or she has opted to be an elector of one of the other national pharmacy boards.
Nominations for election to these vacancies must be received by noon on 27 March 2015. Nominations should preferably be submitted by email to
. Alternatively, nominations may be submitted by post or by hand to UK Engage, Image House, 10 Acorn Business Park, Heaton Lane, Stockport SK4 1AS. For further information, please contact the UK Engage Helpline on 0345 209 3770.
A nomination may be withdrawn by notice in writing, signed by the prospective candidate and delivered to
or UK Engage, Image House, 10 Acorn Business Park, Heaton Lane, Stockport SK4 1AS no later than 5pm on 9 April 2015.
- A member shall be eligible for election only if he or she is a member or Fellow of the Society.
- A retired member of the Society shall be eligible for election.
- A member or Fellow may only stand for election to one board.
- A member or Fellow shall be eligible for election to the Scottish Pharmacy Board only if s/he works or lives wholly or mainly in Scotland.
- If, by resolution of a board, any elected member of that board has ceased to meet the requirements relating to his or her residency he or she shall cease to be a member of the board in question.
- No member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if he or she has failed to pay by the date and time fixed for the return of nomination forms (27 March 2015) any subscription or other debt due and payable by him or her to the Society.
- No member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if he or she has been charged with a criminal offence or has been notified by the Society or any professional, regulatory or public body that he or she is subject to investigation in relation to his or her conduct or competence, and the matter is unresolved.
- No member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if he or she is employed by the Society.
Periods of office
Board members are elected for a three-year period.
The electoral roll will be closed at 5pm on 9 April 2015. Only those members and Fellows who have paid the 2015 membership fee by this date will be eligible to vote.
It is expected that voting papers will be emailed (or posted if requested by 9 April) to the electorate on or about 30 April 2015. The deadline for voting (either online or by post) will be noon on 22 May 2015.
Newly elected board members will take office at 12.01am on 16 June 2015.
Alex MacKinnon, returning officer for Scotland
Scottish Pharmacy Board election 2015