Terms and conditions
1. ABOUT THESE TERMS
- This Website is not suitable for users under 18. You should not use the Website if you are under 18.
- Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use the Website.
- Access to and use of the Website constitutes your acceptance of these Terms and your agreement to comply with them. If you do not agree with or accept any of these Terms, you should stop using the Website immediately.
- If you order any goods, services or digital content from the Site or if you buy a subscription or membership to access restricted parts of the Site, separate subscription terms and conditions will apply as set out here .
- If you would like these Terms in another format (for example: audio, large print, braille), please contact us using the contact details set out below.
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time.
2. INFORMATION ABOUT US
- The Website is operated by the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain incorporated by Royal Charter in England and Wales under company number RC000799 and having its principal business address at 66-68 East Smithfield, London E1W 1AW (‘we’ and ‘our’).
- You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. YOUR USE OF THE SITE
- This Website is for your non-commercial use only. You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors (as applicable). You may retrieve and display the content on a computer screen in accordance with your licence.
- Other than for your own private personal use, you may not download or copy, store in any medium (including any other web site), distribute, transmit, re-transmit, modify, show in public or make commercial or business use of any part of the Website without our prior written consent. By accessing the Website you agree not to use the content for any illegal or improper purpose.
- If you wish to seek our consent to republish or redistribute the Website content, please contact email@example.com. Any uses and or copies of any part of the Website, and the URL http://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com must include the customary bibliographic citation, including author attribution, date and article title.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Website.
- We make no promise that the Website is appropriate or available for use in locations outside of the UK. If you choose to access the Website from locations outside the UK, you acknowledge you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws where they apply.
- As a condition of your use of the Website, you agree to comply with our Acceptable Use Policy available here and agree not to:
- misuse or attack our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful (such as by way of a denial-of-service attack), or
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website.
- We may prevent or suspend your access to the Website without prior warning if you do not comply with any part of these Terms, any terms or policies to which they refer or any applicable law.
- We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is provided on an ‘as is’ basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
- You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and other applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
4. ACCESS TO SUBSCRIPTION CONTENT, REGISTRATION AND PASSWORD SECURITY
- Our Subscription Terms and Conditions apply to your access of all Website content for which you pay a subscription fee or are granted subscription access.
- Use of the Website may require registration, particularly in order to access restricted areas of the Website. Users under 18 will not be permitted to register.
- We are not obliged to permit anyone to register with the Website and we may refuse, terminate or suspend registration to anyone at any time.
- You are responsible for making sure that your password and any other account details are kept secure and confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If we have reason to believe there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Website through your account or the use of your password, we may notify you and require you to change your password, or we may suspend or terminate your account.
- We have the right to disable any username login or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. COPYRIGHT AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- This Website and all intellectual property rights in it including but not limited to any content or information or other material (including but not limited to text, images, photographs, audio, video or other multimedia content, graphics and software) whether submitted to or accessible from the Website are owned by us, our licensors or both (as applicable). Intellectual property rights means rights such as: copyright, trade marks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world).
- We and our licensors reserve all of our and their rights in all such intellectual property. This means, for example, that we and they remain owners of them and free to use them as we and they see fit.
- Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Website other than as necessary to enable you to access the Website. You agree not to adjust or try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Website (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Website.
- You agree not to reverse engineer or decompile any parts of the Website.
- Trade marks: ‘ROYAL PHARMACEUTICAL SOCIETY’ and ‘THE PHARMACEUTICAL JOURNAL’ are our trade marks. Other trade marks and trade names may also be used on this Website. Your use of any trade marks which appear on the Website is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written permission.
6. INFRINGING CONTENT
- We will use reasonable efforts to:
- delete accounts which are being used in an inappropriate manner or in breach of these Terms; and
- identify and remove any content that is inappropriate, defamatory, infringes intellectual property rights or is otherwise in breach of our Acceptable Use Policy
when we are notified, but we cannot be responsible if you have failed to provide us with the relevant information.
- If you believe that any content which is distributed or published by the Site is inappropriate, defamatory or infringing on intellectual property rights, you should contact us immediately using the contact details at the top of this page.
8. LINKS AND LINKING
You may create weblinks to the Website content, but we reserve the right to withdraw such permission without explanation or notice if in our judgement use of such links is excessive or inappropriate. Other users might not be able to access linked content unless they have registered and/or subscribed. If you create weblinks you must ensure that nothing on your website describes or implies that any part of the Website is part of your website. Any page or file must be called in a new browser window with its URL displayed.
9. THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES IN OUR SITE
The Website may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than the Website. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
10. INTERACTIVE OBLIGATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS
This section applies to interactive elements of the Website.
- You agree not to post anything that denigrates any person or their views, or which is, or may be perceived to be, obscene, libellous, in some other way illegal (for example, inciteful of racial or religious hatred), incomprehensible, rude, abusive or offensive, or which constitutes an advertisement.
- You agree that you will ensure that all information you have placed in your profile in order to gain access to the interactive parts of the Website is true, accurate and complete.
- You accept that once your comment has been posted you will not remove it unless we agree. This is to maintain the integrity of the discussions because someone may reply to your post and its removal may render that reply meaningless. However you may request that we remove your real name from a comment to protect your privacy, in which case we shall anonymise your name or remove the comment at our discretion.
- You accept that we have the right to remove from the Website any posting you make that contravenes these Terms or that we are required to remove for legal reasons.
- You agree that you will only make original submissions and will not include anything that infringes anybody else’s intellectual property rights.
- You agree that if you fail to honour these Terms, we may terminate your interactive rights.
- While we try to make sure that the Site is secure, we do not actively monitor or check whether information supplied to us through the Site is confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable.
11. NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
- While we try to make sure that the Website is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the Website will be fit or suitable for any purpose.
- The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Website.
- While we try to make sure that the Website is available for your use, we do not promise that the Website is available at all times nor do we promise the uninterrupted use by you of the Website.
- We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website.
- The Website is for your personal and non-commercial use only and we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage; or
- losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed,
- You use the service and the information and material on the Website at your own risk. We shall not be liable for any claims, losses, injuries, penalties, damages, costs or expenses arising from the use of, or inability to use the Website or content or from any action taken, or omitted to be taken, as a result of using the Website or its content.
- We are not liable to you if we fail to comply with these Terms because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes; breakdown of systems or network access; flood, fire, explosion or accident; or epidemics or pandemics.
14. CHANGES TO THE PHARMACEUTICAL JOURNAL
We may update our Website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it to correct errors or otherwise.
15. RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
16. APPLICABLE LAW
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. By accessing the Website you agree to accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in relation to any dispute that may arise in connection with these Terms or your use of the Website.