The scheme for the 2023 election provides for one substantive place on the Welsh Pharmacy Board for a Member or Fellow who works or lives wholly or mainly in Wales and whose substantive practice is in the Locum (any sector) sector.
In the above context ‘substantive practice’ is taken to refer to a situation where a pharmacist spends more than 50% of their professional working time in practice in the sector in question. The eligibility criteria are set out below.
Nominations for candidates in the Welsh Pharmacy Board election cannot be made until 27 March 2023 and must be made via the Independent Scrutineer, Mi-Voice’s website www.mi-nomination.com/rpharms. For further information please contact Mi-Voice Support on 02380 763987.
The nomination must include details of one Member nominator whose own address on the Society’s database must be in Wales or overseas*. Members who nominate candidates must have completed 2023 membership processes.
A Member or Fellow who is resident overseas at the time the electoral roll is closed shall be entitled to nominate a candidate for the English Pharmacy Board unless they have opted to be an elector of one of the other National Pharmacy Boards.
Nominations for election to these vacancies must be received by 12 noon on 17 April 2023.
A nomination submission may be withdrawn by notice in writing, signed by the prospective candidate and delivered to email@example.com no later than 9am on 9 May 2023.
- A Member shall be eligible for election only if they are a Member or Fellow of the Society.
- A retired Member of the Society shall be eligible for election.
- A Member or Fellow may only stand for election to one board.
- A Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election to the Welsh Pharmacy Board only if they work or live wholly or mainly in Wales.
- If, by resolution of a Board, any elected Member of that Board has ceased to meet the requirements relating to their residency they shall cease to be a Member of the Board in question.
- Any elected Member of a Board who changes their substantive practice following their election shall be eligible to serve the full term for which they were elected.
- No Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if they have failed to pay by the date and time fixed for the return of nomination forms (17 April 2023) any subscription or other debt due and payable by them to the Society.
- No Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if they have been charged with a criminal offence (except where that charge is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or have been notified by the Society or any professional, regulatory or public body that they is subject to investigation in relation to their conduct or competence, and the matter is unresolved.
- No Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if they are employed by the Society.
Periods of office
The period of office of members elected to the National Pharmacy Boards shall be three years.
It is expected that voting instructions will be sent to the electorate on or about 12 May 2023. The deadline for voting will be 5pm on 22 May 2023.
Newly elected Board Members will take office at 00.01 on 20 June 2023 (NB – please be aware that this date could be subject to change).
Elen Jones, returning officer for Wales