Many heartburn sufferers rely on antacids and alginates, however these treatments do not deliver the sustained relief that frequent sufferers require
Nexium Control is a proton pump inhibitor (PPI) containing 20mg esomeprazole. It works by reducing the production of acid in the stomach, providing 24-hour protection from heartburn.
5 reasons to recommend Nexium ControlÂ®
- 24 hour relief and protection from frequent heartburn
- NICE guidelines recommend PPIs as first line prescription treatment for frequent heartburn
- Treats the cause and symptoms of frequent heartburn by reducing the production of stomach acid. Just one tablet a day provides 24hr protection
- As the #1 acid blocker brand worldwide, it has been used by millions of patients
- A short term treatment which gives the oesophagus some time to heal
Positive consumer experience
- Voted as the 2016 General Healthcare ‘Product of the Year’
- 8 out of 10 consumers experienced a meaningful improvement in heartburn symptoms after using Nexium Control
- Up to 4 out of 5 nights were heartburn-free when taking Nexium Control for 14 days
Duration of heartburn medications
24 hr heartburn protection for less than £1 a day
Cost comparison table based on frequent heartburn sufferers needing multiple daily doses to achieve longer term relief.
|Product name||Pack size||Max daily dose||MRRP ||Daily cost|
|Gaviscon peppermint tablets||32’s||16||£4.29||£2.14|
|Gaviscon Double Action Liquid||300ml||80ml||£7.89||£2.10|
|Rennie peppermint tablets||24’s||10||£2.15||£0.90|
|Zantac 75 tablets||12’s||2||£4.19||£0.70|
Free 30-minute CPD training: OTC management of acid reflux – communicating with your patient
Complete online at www.protect-cpd.com
For further information about Nexium ControlÂ® please visit http://hcp.nexiumcontrol.co.uk
*As on UK market data Aug 16
**Winner General Healthcare Category. Survey of 11,586 people by TNS. Date of preparation: March 2016
Name of product: Nexium Control 20 mg gastro resistant tablets. Active ingredient: Esomeprazole. Supply classification: General Sales List (GSL). Indications: The short term treatment of reflux symptoms (e.g. heartburn and acid regurgitation) in adults. Further information about this product, including adverse reactions, precautions, contra-indications, and method of use can be found at:
or from Pfizer Consumer Healthcare Ltd, Walton Oaks, Surrey, KT20 7NS. Cost: Pack of 7 tablets Excl VAT £5.83, pack of 14 tablets Excl VAT £9.99. Date: December 2015
 Forbes Consulting Groups Usage and Attitude Study 2013. Based on market research from January 2013 in 1001 frequent heartburn sufferers, divided into five segments based on attitudes on heartburn and treatment. Data on file.
 Nexium ControlÂ® Summary of Product Characteristics.
 IMS 2016, based on worldwide value sales data.
 Based on latest data, PAGB OTC Directory 16/17