The scheme for the 2018 election provides for four places on the English Pharmacy Board for Members or Fellows who work or live wholly or mainly in England, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. The eligibility criteria are set out below.
Please note that, as of 2016, places on the English Pharmacy Board are no longer allocated on the basis of sectors.
In addition to the four substantive places above, there is one additional Casual Vacancy for a period of one year, due to a resignation from the Board in February 2018. This position will be filled by the Member or Fellow with the highest number of votes remaining in the election after the four substantive places on the Board have been filled.
Nominations for candidates in the English Pharmacy Board election cannot be made until 15 March 2018, and must be made on the form issued by the Independent Scrutineer, Mi-Voice, or online via the Mi-Voice website www.mi-nomination.com/rpharms.
Alternatively, nominations may be submitted by post or by hand to Mi-Voice, Gamma House, Enterprise Road, Chilworth Science Park, Southampton, SO16 7NS. For further information please contact Mi-Voice Support on 02380 763980.
The nomination form must be signed by 10 Member nominators whose own address on the Society’s database must be in England, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man or overseas (a Member or Fellow who is resident overseas at the time the electoral roll is closed shall be entitled to nominate a candidate for the English Pharmacy Board, unless they have opted to be an elector of one of the other National Pharmacy Boards). Members who nominate candidates must have completed 2018 membership processes.
Nominations for election to these vacancies must be received by noon on 5 April 2018.
A nomination may be withdrawn by notice in writing, signed by the prospective candidate and delivered to email@example.com or Mi-Voice, Gamma House, Enterprise Road, Chilworth Science Park, Southampton, SO16 7NS, no later than 5pm on 6 April 2018.
- A Member shall be eligible for election only if they are a Member or Fellow of the Society;
- A retired Member of the Society shall be eligible for election;
- A Member or Fellow may only stand for election to one Board;
- A Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election to the English Pharmacy Board only if they work or live (wholly or mainly) in England, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man;
- Any elected Member of a Board who changes their substantive practice following their election shall be eligible to serve the full term for which they were elected;
- No Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if they have failed to pay by the date and time fixed for the return of nomination forms (5 April 2018) any subscription or other payable debt due to the Society;
- No Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if they have been charged with a criminal offence, or have been notified by the Society or any professional, regulatory or public body that they are subject to investigation in relation to their conduct or competence, and the matter is unresolved;
- No Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if they are employed by the Society.
Periods of office
Board Members are elected for a three-year period. If, by resolution of a Board, any elected Member of that Board has ceased to meet the requirements relating to their residency, they shall cease to be a Member of the Board in question.
It is expected that voting papers will be emailed (or posted if requested by 6 April) to the electorate on or about 30 April 2018. The deadline for voting (either online or by post) will be noon on 18 May 2018.
Newly elected Board Members will take office at 00.01 on 20 June 2018.
Returning Officer for England