The scheme for the 2022 election provides for five places on the English Pharmacy Board for Members or Fellows who work or live wholly or mainly in England, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. The eligibility criteria are set out below.
Nominations for candidates in the English Pharmacy Board election cannot be made until 14 March 2022 and must be made via Mi-Voice, an independent scrutineer (www.mi-nomination.com/rpharms). For further information please contact Mi-Voice Support on 02380 763987.
The nomination must include details of ten member nominators whose own address on the Society’s database must be in England, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man or overseas*. Members who nominate candidates must have completed 2022 membership processes.
*A Member or Fellow who is resident overseas at the time the electoral roll is closed shall be entitled to nominate a candidate for the English Pharmacy Board unless they have opted to be an elector of one of the other national pharmacy boards.
Nominations for election to these vacancies must be received by 12:00 on 7 April 2022.
A nomination submission may be withdrawn by notice in writing, signed by the prospective candidate and delivered to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 09:00 on 22 April 2022.
- A Member shall be eligible for election only if they are a Member or Fellow of the Society;
- A retired Member of the Society shall be eligible for election;
- A Member or Fellow may only stand for election to one board;
- A Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election to the English Pharmacy Board only if they work or live wholly or mainly in England, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man;
- If, by resolution of a board, any elected Member of that Board has ceased to meet the requirements relating to their residency they shall cease to be a Member of the Board in question;
- Any elected Member of a Board who changes their substantive practice following their election shall be eligible to serve the full term for which they were elected;
- No Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if they have failed to pay by the date and time fixed for the return of nomination forms (7 April 2022) any subscription or other debt due and payable by them to the Society;
- No Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if they have been charged with a criminal offence (except where that charge is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or have been notified by the Society or any professional, regulatory or public body that they are subject to investigation in relation to their conduct or competence, and the matter is unresolved;
- No Member or Fellow shall be eligible for election if they are employed by the Society.
Periods of office
The period of office of members elected to the national pharmacy boards shall be three years.
It is expected that voting instructions will be sent to the electorate on or about 29 April 2022. The deadline for voting will be 17:00 on 9 May 2022.
Newly elected board members will take office at 00:01 on 21 June 2022 (NB: please be aware that this date could be subject to change).
Ravi Sharma, returning officer for England at the Royal Pharmaceutical Society